ACSEP 2021 Annual Scientific Meeting Abstract Submission
CALL FOR ABSTRACTS
The ACSEP Scientific Conference Committee invites you to submit an abstract to be considered for standard or lightening oral or poster presentations within all fields of sports and exercise medicine.
This years conference theme is 'Ahead of the Game – Challenges in Sport and Exercise Medicine'. Submissions are encouraged to reflect the conference theme.
1. Abstract Submission
Abstract submissions for the ACSEP Annual Scientific Conference are now open and will strictly close midnight 19 July 2021 AEST.
All submissions must be completed in Word format and submitted to National Office via email@example.com . Notification of acceptance will be made by 2 August 2021.
2. PRESENTATION FORMAT
There will be three formats available for presentations and abstracts will be accepted for each:
- Standard Oral Presentation – 15 to 20 minutes
- Lightening Oral Presentation – 5 minutes with 5 slides (12 cases accepted)
- Poster Presentation
3. ABSTRACT SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
Standard ORAL AND POSTER PRESENTATIONS
Abstract submissions must note preferred presentation format of:
Please adhere to the following guidelines when preparing your abstracts:
- The abstract should have a clear connection to clinical sport & exercise medicine
- Please include key learning points that a delegate can take away from the presentation
- An abstract on original research should include specific information about the results and conclusions of the research. Statements such as “results will be discussed” are not acceptable.
- Case studies and topic presentations will be considered
- Please indicate if you would prefer an oral or poster presentation
- Abstracts should include new information, however, abstracts presented at previous conferences may also be considered
- All authors must indicate if, when and where the presentation content has already been published and/or presented
- All received abstracts will be acknowledged
- The Conference Committee will review all abstracts received and make recommendations as to the type of presentation (oral or poster)
Lightening Oral Presentations
- The 2021 conference will continue with 5 minute, 5 slide sessions
- Abstracts are welcomed on interesting case studies and clinical practice pearls
- A maximum of 12 presentations will be accepted
- A strict time and slide limit will be enforced
4. ABSTRACT ASSESSMENT
The Conference Committee will assess and allocate papers to oral and poster sessions according to a number of factors including:
- Does the topic present new or important clinical information for Sport & Exercise Medicine practitioners?
- Does the abstract include clearly outlined information and align with the conference session themes?
- Is it of relevance to a broad range of conference attendees?
- Is there opportunity for audience engagement and participation?
- Is it an interesting new topic or a popular topic from previous conferences?
5. NOTIFICATION OF ACCEPTANCE
The corresponding author will be informed of the decision via email. Please note that the final decision rests with the Conference Committee and the Committee reserve the right to specify the format via which the presentation is to be made. Please note that the number of oral presentations is limited.
6. THEMES FOR SUBMISSION
Conference sessions will usually include a number of presentations along a shared theme with an opportunity for discussion with the audience. Each podium presentation will be allocated 15 or 20 minutes in length, including time for audience questions immediately following the presentation. Authors must indicate which of the below themes their abstract relates to.
- The female athlete
- Paediatric sport and the developing athlete
- SEM Toolbox – skills & practical workshop sessions for SEM Physicians
- Surgical and injectable interventions in SEM
- Current trends in MSK
- Exercise is Medicine
7. GENERAL POLICIES AND REQUIREMENTS
- Submission of an abstract acknowledges the author’s consent to publication in the conference program
- All presenting authors must register and pay the registration fee or their presentation will be removed from the program
- Please note that all costs, including registration, are at the authors own expense
- There is no limit to the number of abstracts that may be submitted by an individual
- Splitting a body of work into multiple abstracts is discouraged and consolidation into one abstract is preferred
8. ABSTRACT FORMATTING GUIDELINES
The submitted abstracts will be reviewed for presentation and must be prepared in strict adherence to the instructions listed below:
- Abstract should be a clear and concise summary of the study and must not exceed 300 words (excluding title and author information)
- It is the author’s responsibility to ensure the title, author names and affiliation details are correct and exactly as they should be published on the abstract and all conference materials
- The abstracts must have single line spacing, Arial font size 12
- Tables or graphics may be included in the abstract body. All formatting is preserved (italics, bold, superscripting, subscripting, underlining) and symbol characters (i.e., ±, µ, ß) may be used
- Standard abbreviations may be used for common terms. Otherwise, abbreviations should be given in brackets after the first full use of the word/s. Abbreviations may be used in the title, provided the full name/term is contained in the body of the abstract
- A short author biography (up to 100 words) must be included with your submission