The ACSEP Management of Sports Trauma (MOST) Course teaches Medical Professionals the core skills required to appropriately assess and manage traumatic sporting injuries. The 1.5 Day Course aims to guide you through the assessment and management skills that are essential to manage Sporting Injuries both on and off the field.
The MOST Course is specifically designed for healthcare professionals, such as:
• Medical Students
The MOST Course covers CPR/BLS and ALS Resuscitation as well as;
• Assessment and management of the unresponsive patient
• Assessment and management of cardiac emergencies
• Cardiac arrest
• Assessment and management of acute exacerbations of asthma
• Assessment and management of anaphylaxis
• Assessment and management of seizure
• Assessment and management of hyperthermia and hypothermia
• Assessment and management of the patient with a head and neck injury
• Assessment and management of the patient with injuries to the chest
• Assessment and management of patient with intra-abdominal injuries
• Assessment and management of the patient with significant extremity trauma
This course addresses common emergencies that might confront a sports physician covering the rationale behind treatment choices and the adaption of medical management to the unique environment providing medical support at a sports event.
In a short course it covers the key learning points for safe emergency management of medical collapse, acute management of asthma and common medical problems, environmental impact, and trauma management and resuscitation.
The 2017 ACSEP MOST Course will take place at the Marriott Hotel, Surfers Paradise, February 13th & 14th.