The following is a list of the ACSEP Accredited Training Practices located within Tasmania (TAS). They are listed in Alphabetical order by Practice name.
Details are correct at time of publishing this page - if any changes are needed, please contact National Office.
The Zone Training Coordinators for TAS is: Anik Shawdon
DETAILS COMING SOON!
PRACTICE: The sports medicine practice
Location: 36 Collins Street, Hobart TAS 7000
ACSEP Supervisors: Dr David Humphries
Dr Steve Reid
ACSEP Registrars: Dr Pip Inge
• Practice demographic: broad age range from childhood through adolescence and adulthood, to the elderly
• Entirely referral based practice dealing with complex musculoskeletal presentations. It is the only Specialist Sports Medicine practice in Tasmania, and therefore services the entire state. As such, this post is suited to registrars in their third year of training and above
• Sporting associations: The practice cares for a broad range of sports including AFL (AFL Tasmania), basketball (Hobart Chargers and Lady Chargers), cricket (Cricket Tasmania - Tasmanian Tigers, Hobart Hurricanes, Tasmanian Roar), tennis (WTA Hobart International Tennis Tournament), rowing, and the Tasmanian Institute of Sport
• Two medicare registered ultrasound machines on site
• Dedicated "one on one" tutorials with one of the two supervising Fellows on a weekly basis
• Weekly musculoskeletal radiology meetings
• Extensive network of local medical and surgical specialists
• Surgical assisting available